So, you have a SIEM, or are about to put a SIEM in place. This is a great first step, but what comes next? SIEMs require constant monitoring and tuning: someone needs to manage the SIEM. The questions you need to ask is, do you have the cycles to manage this in-house? Who will be responsible to detect and respond to events?
To take this a step further, you need to ask:
- What are you going to do at 1:48am when an alarm goes off?
- How are you going to track disk free space on the appliance?
- Is the data available to create the use case?
- How do you create specific use cases that are general enough to catch anomalies?
- If the general dashboards aren’t displaying the KPIs you need – how do you add custom dashboards to the SIEM?
The Importance of Early Detection
Early detection is a major advantage that helps organizations act quickly without having an intrusion lay dormant. Uzado's rapid response to anomalies can translate into a reduction of costs in the case of a breach.
24x7 Detection and Response
Based out of Toronto, Canada, Uzado’s SOC (Security Operations Centre) works all day, every day to provide early detection and response for our customers. You never know when something could trigger an alert, but our team of security experts are constantly monitoring the situation and notifying clients as needed. Uzado offers this service for any device that generates events, not just SIEMs. Some examples of what Uzado offers clients include: Firewall Monitoring, Data Protection, File Integrity Monitoring, and Vulnerability Scanning.
Whether it be for Risk Mitigation, Customer Contract Alignment or Compliance Mandate, Uzado’s 24x7 Detection & Response service has you covered.
Need someone to manage a SIEM and have 24x7 Detection and Response? Contact Uzado today!