Eliminate downtime whenever your Toronto business experiences IT glitches
Technology disruptions equate to lost productivity for your business, which also translates into additional overhead expenses. Since 2014, Uzado has had a proven track record in providing fast and responsive IT support and saving Toronto businesses from the stress of IT downtimes. Our experienced IT support team can immediately solve most tech problems remotely, and when you need us to be on site for hands-on assistance, we’ll be there to resolve your issues as soon as possible. We value your time and money, so we’ll directly address the root of the problem to help you avoid dealing with the same technology issues again. You’ll save on hiring in-house IT professionals in the long term while maintaining your IT infrastructure’s optimal performance.
Uzado offers streamlined services and solutions to simplify your IT infrastructure
Enjoy on-demand IT expertise that keeps all aspects of your business technology at peak performance
Safeguard your IT from malicious software and cyberattacks with our next-gen security solutions and encryption tools
Save money on hardware and maintenance costs while increasing business productivity and improving collaboration
Leverage security and compliance capabilities to meet regulatory standards and mitigate risks
Seamlessly and successfully transform any aspect of your IT operations to the cloud
Partner with a reliable IT support provider that is committed to simplifying your IT
1. What kind of companies are good candidates for Managed Security Services?
Realistically, any organization can benefit from an MSSP (big or small, established enterprises or start-ups). If you ticked off at least three of the following points, you should contact Uzado for more information:
- You have an IT department
- You have a website
- You have an eCommerce site
- You store documents electronically (on site or with a Cloud Service Provider)
- You can build profiles on your website
- You use social media
- You have a database
- Your employees have a login to access a network
- You ever had to pay a technician
2. What are the benefits of Managed Services to different sizes of companies?
- Mom-and-pop companies – With just a handful of employees running the business, IT security can often be overlooked. Having an MSSP will allow you to focus on the business without worrying about managing your IT security.
- Small companies – We find that small organizations have limited resources, whether it’s financial capital or staff, but they can still face the risk of getting breached. An MSSP will manage your IT security for you, therefore saving you time and money.
- Medium businesses – With more IT staff than a smaller business, medium businesses often neglect the security side of IT. It’s easy to get wrapped up in day-to-day IT operations, letting security fall by the wayside. An MSSP will pick up the slack, giving your IT department more time to service the organization.
- Large businesses – So you have more staff and more funding for security, but there are too many workstations and servers in different locations for one department to monitor. You may also be required to comply with multiple industry and government standards. You will benefit from the automation and management from MSSPs, as they create more efficiencies in the workplace.
- Enterprises – With the wealth of information and data that enterprises store, it’s critical to ensure the proper implementation of IT security measures. Making changes in these organizations is often a slow and reactive process, but an MSSP can help by accelerating change management and adopting best practices.
3. I only want to pay when I need you. Why would I want to pay a monthly fee?
The “break/fix” (pay-as-you-go) model is a reactive approach to security. Once you’ve been breached, it becomes too late to fix the problem. At that point, you may have damaged your reputation, lost your customers, been forced to pay fines, etc. MSSPs take a proactive approach where they monitor, track, alert, and repair issues as they arise, rather than having to wait for a customer to report a problem. MSSPs will also patch vulnerabilities before they can be exploited. Organizations may also find that a break/fix solution focuses only on a single problem, whereas an MSSP will work to fix any and all problems that arise.
4. I have an IT department. Why would I need an MSSP?
Many businesses are simply overwhelmed by all the demands that come with operating in the modern IT environment. In addition to performing ongoing patch management and frequent tech upgrades, a lot of businesses also need to ensure that they are secure and follow many governmental and regulatory compliance practices. Companies can’t simply wait for something to “break” and then try to “fix it,” but should instead perform ongoing maintenance to ensure usability and avoid downtime.
5. Why would I need an MSSP if my network is already working properly?
There’s a very old saying, “Why fix what isn’t broken?” Well, this does not apply to cybersecurity. Here are a couple of scenarios that we frequently encounter:
- End-of-life hardware and software are still being used in an organization — manufacturers no longer support legacy products, so they will no longer release patches for them.
- Without continuously patching and updating systems, both hardware and software can be exploited and used as an entry point into a network.
- Compliance standards release updated versions every few years, meaning an organization may fall out of compliance.
- Older versions of antivirus software may not catch new viruses, but an MSSP will use a newer, more trusted version of the software to detect malware.